This is a recipe from Coup de Pouce and it's an express recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese or 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1In a bowl, with a whisk, mix egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, water, italian seasoning and half salt and pepper. Add ground beef and stir with a fork. With wet hands, do 4 patties of 1/2 inch thickness.
- 2In an ovenproof skillet, heat oil at medium high heat. Add beef patties and cook about 6 minutes or until bottom is golden. With a spatula, flip the patties and keep cooking 2 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, parsley and remaining salt and pepper until homogeneous. With a spoon, spread this mixture on the patties. Add the shredded cheese on top.
- 4Cook under the preheated broil in oven 4 inches below the heat for about 4 minutes or until cheese begins to brown and beef is not pink inside.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Beef Patties
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.3
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 584.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: