Recipe by children from A to Z
I found this in TOH Quick Cooking. So easy and a great new way to serve hamburger. Serve this over spaghetti noodles and a salad and you have a complete meal.
Top Review by mums the word
I didn't follow this recipe exactly as I wanted to lighten it up with low fat cheese and less bread crumbs. I reduced the bread crumbs to 1/2 C and mixed them in with the hamburger as opposed to dredging the patties. I thought this was super good and will definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the beef salt and pepper; mix well.
- Shape into six patties.
- Place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs in three separate bowls.
- Dredge beef patties in flour; dip into eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Arrange in a single layer in a greased 13x9 pan.
- Top each patty with cheese slices, mushrooms, spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered, at 400 degrees for 25 minute or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti.