Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is out of a Super Food Ideas magazine, which they sell at the supermarket here in Oz. I have modified the recipe to suit my family and it is quick and easy but tastes great.
- 500 g 95% lean ground beef
- 2 -3 cups macaroni noodles, cooked (originally 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 425 g diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika (I use a bit more than this, I just add more till it tastes right)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup tasty low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook macaroni according to directions. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Spray a frypan lightly with cooking oil spray and cook the onion and garlic until soft. Add mince beef and cook until well browned.
- Add the can of tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, paprika, herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked macaroni to sauce and stir through. You can adjust the amount of pasta according to how you like it.
- Pour into greased casserole dish and top with grated cheese and bake in the oven for about 15 mins until the cheese is melted.