This recipe is out of a Super Food Ideas magazine, which they sell at the supermarket here in Oz. I have modified the recipe to suit my family and it is quick and easy but tastes great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g 95% lean ground beef
- 2 -3 cups macaroni noodles, cooked (originally 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 425 g diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika (I use a bit more than this, I just add more till it tastes right)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup tasty low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Cook macaroni according to directions. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- 2Spray a frypan lightly with cooking oil spray and cook the onion and garlic until soft. Add mince beef and cook until well browned.
- 3Add the can of tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, paprika, herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Add cooked macaroni to sauce and stir through. You can adjust the amount of pasta according to how you like it.
- 5Pour into greased casserole dish and top with grated cheese and bake in the oven for about 15 mins until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Beef Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 80.4 mg
- Sodium 467.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 38.7 g