Recipe by MrsSnax
This makes even a tough cut like London Broil moist, tender and flavorful! Great for the grill or for the broiler! (Note: cook time is marinating time)
Top Review by Marie
Marinated a sirloin steak in this last night for dinner. Being located in upstate NY, wanted to take advantage of the last days of being able to barbecue. This is very good. I didn't have time enough to marinate it the full amount as written, only had about 2 hours. The next time I use this, I will plan ahead. Excellent tasting even though our sirloin was not the best. Thanks very much for posting this keeper of a recipe.
- 1 envelope Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb london broil beef (or similar beef cut)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dressing mix with both vinegars.
- Add oil, mix well, and then add seasonings and garlic.
- Add meat and marinate in Pyrex container or ziplock 4 hours to overnight, turning occasionally.
- Please note that this*will* congeal in the fridge.
- Grill or broil to desired doneness.
- Let meat rest 5 minutes before cutting.