Recipe by JoyfulCook
Such a pleaser with not just you adults, but the children as well. They always come back for more. Easy to prepare and can be frozen.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Joyful we made this (DD and I) and it was exactly what Mother Nature and a tired mom and daughter needed. Warm, flavorful, easy to put together, and all items on hand. We did use frozen from the garden tomatoes and herbs as opposed to tinned or container. Made it that much better as I know we grow organic. I love the cheese melted on top in the oven. It gave a sharp flavor to the mellow taste of the casserole. Served with a spinach salad and fresh from the oven garlic bread. Will make often for the family. Thank you. Made for AUS/NZ Swap Jan 2014
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 14 ounces tomatoes, tinned
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 beef stock cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan. Add the onions and garlic. Cook slowly for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add beef to the pan, stirring until it looses the pinkness. Stir in the oregano, basil, tomatoes with the juice, tomato puree, paprika and stock cube.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, then toss in a couple of handfuls of the cheese and stir.
- Mix in the cooked macaroni, stir well and place in pie or casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake in the oven at 180°C (350°F) for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with salads and breads.