Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Such a pleaser with not just you adults, but the children as well. They always come back for more. Easy to prepare and can be frozen.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 14 ounces tomatoes, tinned
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 beef stock cube
- Heat oil in saucepan. Add the onions and garlic. Cook slowly for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add beef to the pan, stirring until it looses the pinkness. Stir in the oregano, basil, tomatoes with the juice, tomato puree, paprika and stock cube.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, then toss in a couple of handfuls of the cheese and stir.
- Mix in the cooked macaroni, stir well and place in pie or casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake in the oven at 180°C (350°F) for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with salads and breads.
Joyful we made this (DD and I) and it was exactly what Mother Nature and a tired mom and daughter needed. Warm, flavorful, easy to put together, and all items on hand. We did use frozen from the garden tomatoes and herbs as opposed to tinned or container. Made it that much better as I know we grow organic. I love the cheese melted on top in the oven. It gave a sharp flavor to the mellow taste of the casserole. Served with a spinach salad and fresh from the oven garlic bread. Will make often for the family. Thank you. Made for AUS/NZ Swap Jan 2014
This was great. It really does feel like comfort food. The type of food you would want after you've been sick and you're getting your appetite back...and someone makes this for you :) Thanks for the recipe. It's more a beef dish than a pasta, and we really enjoyed the change!
Wow was this ever good JoyfulCook, we enjoyed this tasty dish very much. Love my comfort food and this dish is perfect. Quick, easy to make, with ingredients found in most kitchen pantries. Made exactly as written but did sub with fresh herbs from the garden. Love the addition of the beef stock and paprika. Can't wait to have this again, my dh had a huge portion then went back and finished the leftovers. Thank you for sharing your tasty tasty recipe.