Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Crock pot excellence! This recipe is so fast and has such a delicious zesty flavor!
Make and share this Italian Beef in the Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 lbs lean roast (rolled works well)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- Place beef roast in the crock pot.
- Mix together the dried herbs in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic over the roast.
- Pour the jar of pepperocini peppers (including the juice) over the roast.
- Cover and cook on high 6-8 hours.
- Shred with fork and serve on French rolls or with vegetables.
Just made this tonight and everyone loved it. Started South Beach this week and this was a great meal for phase one. Hubby isn't doing the diet, but he enjoyed the meat in a sandwich as a french dip. The juice and peppers are really a tasty combination to the meat. He added some cheese to his. I plan to make this again since there were plenty of leftovers.
Wow! We loved this recipe. Packed with flavour! I was afraid to put in the whole jar of pepperocinis so I put about 2/3 of the jar. Next time I will fearlessly dump in the whole jar. The peppers make the difference.
Without a doubt the best recipe i've tried so far at zaar!! I have made it 3 times for myself and friends. Wonderful flavor. I serve it on hoagie rolls. This is so easy. A real crowd pleaser. I can't wait to make it again!