Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
For the slow cooker.
- 1 (4 lb) boneless sirloin tip roast, halved
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmild pepper rings, undrained
- 18 hoagie rolls, split
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the salad dressing mix and water; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat, shred with a fork and return to slow cooker.
- Add pepper rings; heat through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun.
Wonderful! I only used 1 packet salad dressing mix, beef broth instead of water, and added onion , fresh garlic, black pepper, worcestershire sauce and a bay leaf. I toasted the hoagie rolls and melted provolone on them. Yummy! I can't wait to make again-so easy and everyone loved them-even my 5 yr old son!
Yummy! A big hit with my friends. It only gets 4 stars cause 2 c. of water is too much. I used 1.5C and I had a bit too much liquid. I served this on hoagie rolls that I broiled, and then topped with sauteed onions and provolone, and then put under the broiler a bit longer. Simple and yummy.
These are very good. I didn't give it 5 stars becasue I halved the recipe and had to use a chuck roast (no tip roast available for some reason) so I couldn't say for sure if it's the same as posted, but I imagine it would be even better! Thanks for sharing!