Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I have been in search of the perfect Italian Beef Sandwich Recipe. This is it!
Make and share this Italian Beef for Sandwiches-Crock Pot Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs boneless rump steak or 4 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 1 (1/8 ounce) package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion flakes
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 (8 ounce) jarsliced pickled pepperoncini peppers, with
- pepperoncini pepper juice
- Place roast in crock pot.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients together and mix well.
- Pour over roast and cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours.
- Remove roast and slice to desired thickness or shred.
- Return to crock pot.
- cook on low setting for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve with Crusty Hard Rolls, and do add some of the yummy juice-it needs to be sloppy!
This was delicious. We made the recipe precisely as directed and it was way to spicy for us. I'll back off on the red pepper flakes when I make it again. Yummy!
I love this recipe. It was very easy to shop for ingredients, prepare, and it makes a good quantity of beef. Great for the freezer. Thanks for another dependable recipe DiB.