Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is really too simple to be as good as it is. The aroma in the house while it was cooking nearly drove me out of my mind. I served this with coleslaw that I made that had a touch of horseradish in the dressing. This is a keeper recipe that I know I will be making again.
- 4 lbs beef roast (I used a chuck roast and trimmed the fat off)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers, undrained
- hoagie roll
- Place roast in crock pot.
- On top of roast, put garlic, basil, oregano and Italian seasoning.
- Pour the jar of undrained peppers over roast.
- Cook on high for 6 to 8 hours.
- When done, pull apart with a fork and serve on hoagie rolls.
Wow!!! I made this for dinner tonite and it was perfect. My DH went back for seconds! (He usually doesn't do that.) I made a potato salad to go with it using chopped peperocini's, horseradish and pickled red peppers. It was a hit. Can't wait for the sandwiches tomorrow. Thank you.
I was a little concerned this would be too hot for my taste (I'm a bit of a chile wimp) but it wasn't at all. Lots less work than some other recipes and every bit as tasty.