Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Delicious meal for a busy family
- 1 chuck roast
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red crush bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons juice, from a jar of peppercini
- pepperoncini pepper
- hoagie roll
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a crock pot.
- Fill crock pot with water 1 inch from top.
- Cook on low eight to ten hours.
- When meat flakes apart, flake and serve on hoagie buns with peppercinis.
EASY and DELICIOUS! My favorite attributes in a weekday meal. I did what another reviewer suggested & only added enough water to cover the meat. My picky DH requested that this be played frequently in our rotation! Thank you for posting!!
Oh my....this was OUTSTANDING. I was so full but couldn't stop picking at the leftovers. I followed the direction completely except I didn't add all the water. I only added 1/2 cup because with crock pot cooking it makes its own juices. This recipe was easy to follow and I can't explain the nice flavor the broth made. It really had a nice kick to it. I also didn't serve it on rolls because my family isn't much for sandwich type meals. I used a 5 pound roast and sliced it. The broth made such a great gravy for our garlic and herb mashed potatoes. To lighten up the meal, I served sliced canteloupe and strawberries. I will be keeping this recipe in my Crock Pot Favorites. Thanks for posting.
Easy to make and a good turn out. Everybody Loved it when I made it for my daughters birthday party.