Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe produces an amazingly tender and flavorful beef brisket. The original recipe was given to me by a butcher at a meat market, but it has evolved over the years.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Place brisket in a shallow roasting pan.
- Pour gravy mixture over brisket.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 300 for 4 hours. Do not unwrap foil while baking!
- Remove from oven after 4 hours and allow to stand in pan while still covered with foil for 10-20 minutes.
- Slice across the grain of the meat and serve.
- This recipe may be halved for a smaller brisket.
This is my favorite brisket recipe. Found it in an Italian cookbook from "The Hill" in St. Louis. My recipe also calls for 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.