Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm not sure what makes this "Italian" but it's pretty darn tasty. I got this online a few years ago and didn't write down what site it was from. I tweaked the amounts a little, because there weren't enough herbs or oil for me.
- 4 cube steaks, lean
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- grated parmesan cheese
- Combine garlic, basil and pepper; divide mixture in half.
- Press half of seasoning mixture evenly into both slices of beef steaks; reserve.
- Heat oil and remaining seasoning mixture in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini; cook and stir until tender.
- Add tomatoes; cook and stir about 1 minute.
- Remove vegetables to a platter; sprinkle with cheese and keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium high and cook steaks 2 at a time, 3-4 minutes each, turning once.
- Season steak with salt if desired and serve with vegetables.
This was very good!! I will be making it again very soon!!