Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy 30 minute ground beef meal from Betty Crocker.
- 4 slice bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 453.59 g lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml water
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 63.78 g can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 7.39 ml italian seasoning
- 473.18 ml uncooked instant rice
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until almost crisp. Add beef, onion, bell pepper, garlic and salt; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in water, tomatoes, olives and Italian seasoning; heat to boiling. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until melted.
The taste of this dish is so yummy. The bacon gives a great taste. I didn't use salt. I used sliced kalamata. Thanks Sweet Jezebel :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game