Easy 30 minute ground beef meal from Betty Crocker.
Make and share this Italian Beef and Rice Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until almost crisp. Add beef, onion, bell pepper, garlic and salt; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in water, tomatoes, olives and Italian seasoning; heat to boiling. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until melted.