Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a family concocted favorite. When I was a kid we called it Diago Goulash...but thats not quite PC. ENJOY!
- 2 (32 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 quart water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 -4 green peppers, sliced in strips
- 2 lbs cubed round steaks or 2 lbs stewing beef
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large pan, brown steak in oil.
- Add onions and cook 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, water, tomatoes and spices.
- Bring to boil, then Simmer 30 minutes or more.
- Add green peppers.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- (I don't like them too mushy).
- Serve over rice.
What a versitale recipe!!I used ground beef instead of the steaks,turned out wonderful!!I served it over rice and boy did everyone want more!!I will definatly be trying this with the steaks and maybe even with chicken!Thanks for sharing this wonderful,easy recipe with us!:)
My Lord, this recipe is good! I cut the ingredients in 1/2 and still had plenty of yield. I did kinda cheat on the meat. I cubed left-over roast beef from last night's supper and slipped it in in place of round steak. Didn't hurt a thing! Also, served over noodles. What a dish! Easy and doggone tasty! Thanks for posting. Laudee C.