8 hrs 15 mins
Jen Wiehl's Note:
This one came from my best friend, whose husband is a gourmet with the crock pot. Great leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs fresh beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 12 slices crusty Italian bread or 12 slices French bread, each about 1 inch thick
- 1Trim excess fat from beef.
- 2Heat oil in 10 inch skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Cook beef in oil about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until both sides are brown.
- 4Place beef in 3 1/2 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- 5Mix remaining ingredients except bell peppers and bread; pour over beef.
- 6Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef is tender.
- 7Remove beef to cutting board; cut into thin slices.
- 8Skim fat from beef juices in cooker if desired.
- 9Stir bell peppers into juices.
- 10Cover and cook on high heat setting 15 minutes.
- 11Return beef slices to cooker.
- 12Place 2 slices of bread on each plate.
- 13Spoon beef mixture over bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Beef and Green Pepper Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.8
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 783.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 31.7 g