Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This one came from my best friend, whose husband is a gourmet with the crock pot. Great leftovers!
Make and share this Italian Beef and Green Pepper Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs fresh beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 12 slices crusty Italian bread or 12 slices French bread, each about 1 inch thick
- Trim excess fat from beef.
- Heat oil in 10 inch skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook beef in oil about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until both sides are brown.
- Place beef in 3 1/2 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Mix remaining ingredients except bell peppers and bread; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove beef to cutting board; cut into thin slices.
- Skim fat from beef juices in cooker if desired.
- Stir bell peppers into juices.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 15 minutes.
- Return beef slices to cooker.
- Place 2 slices of bread on each plate.
- Spoon beef mixture over bread.