Recipe by Barb in WNY
This was clipped from a dollar store cookbook.
Top Review by Becky in Wisconsin
I made this tonight for supper. It was very good. In the recipe, though, it doesn't indicate how many eggs to use, so I used 1 and it was fine. I also substituted pizza sauce for the tomato sauce for a little more flavor. I feel if it weren't in there, it would have been a little plain. Over all, DH said it was good and I will definately make it again. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces pizza cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, and 1/3 cup tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and shape into a flat rectangle about 10" X 12-inches on a piece of wax paper.
- Spread cheese evenly over meat mixture. Starting with the shortest end, roll up jelly roll fashion and press end of roll to seal.
- Bake in a shallow baking pan for 1 hour at 350°F.
- Drain off excess fat. Pour remaining sauce over roll. Garnish with cheese.
- Bake an additional5 minutes, or just until cheese starts to melt.