Recipe by Tanya D
Delicious flavor in this soup, a good cold day meal, serve with some multi-grain bread or fresh baguette. Found it in a magazine and tweaked it a little.
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb round steak, cut in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounces romano beans
- 19 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 cup water made into a slurry to thicken at the end
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop all veggies, cut up meat in small pieces, drain and rinse beans.
- In a large freezer bag, pour the flour, salt and pepper.
- Toss in meat, seal and shake until coated.
- Heat dutch oven or large saucepan, add oil, cook meat over medium high heat until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients except flour slurry.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, or until veggies are slightly tender.
- Add flour slurry, raise temp enough to bring to a quick boil to thicken the broth.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and serve with some fresh bread.