Recipe by Lexuslady
This recipe has been in our family for years. Anyone who I have made this for raves about it. Put the ingredients together, throw it all in one pan and in four hours it is done and tastes great! It has a bit of a kick to it. It is great for football games, parties and just for you. Enjoy.
- 5 -6 lbs chuck roast (trimmed of fat)
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 32 ounces pepperoncini peppers
- Italian spices
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Necessary items: 1 large roasting pan with cover, 1 oven,and a beef lover, or this will make you into one.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Cut trimmed chuck roast into 1-inch cubes.
- Throw into a large roasting pan.
- Sprinkle Italian seasonings, salt and pepper (I prefer freshly cracked) over meat.
- Drain pepperoncinis into a strainer over a bowl. Combine the juice with beef broth and beer.
- Cut onion and place over the meat.
- Pour the container of combined liquids over the meat.
- Top with the pepperoncinis.
- Cover and cook for four (4) hours at 325 degrees.
- When done, remove the stems from the pepperoncinis and shred everything with a fork.
- Options: You may thicken juice with cornstarch or serve on your favorite roll and add a slice of mozzarella cheese.