Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This was given to me at my bridal shower 7 years ago. Now I have to make it at least twice a month. It is also requested at all the friendly get togethers. You can add pepperoncini peppers for added heat. This freezes beautifully. And is even better the 2nd day!
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 5 whole bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- pepperoncini pepper, to taste (optional)
- Add roast to pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add water so there is 3-4 inches in pan (this helps keep moist).
- Cook at 400°.
We have a similar recipe using a crockpot. This recipe is top notch and I recomend using the pepperoncini peppers for true Italian flavor. Thanks for a good recipe.