Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
We like this over hot, cooked rice, but you can serve it on hoagie buns if you prefer.
- 4 lbs beef roast (arm or chuck)
- 1 cup pepperoncini pepper, stemmed
- 2 cups water
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 -3 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- hot cooked rice or hoagie roll
- Place roast in a large soup pot or Dutch oven.
- Put pepperoncini peppers and water in a blender. Blend until finely chopped (Chop option, aprox 10 seconds).
- Pour over roast.
- Add remaining ingredients (except rice and buns, of course!).
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 3 hours, turning roast every 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- Remove roast and shred meat.
- Return meat to pot.
- Heat through.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice or on hoagie buns.