Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Nice meat for sandwiches :)
- 4 -5 lbs rump roast or 4 -5 lbs rolled roast beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 sliced green pepper
- 1 onion
- Rub roast with spices, place in 350 degree oven on a rack for 1 hour (will be very rare).
- Chill roast in refrigerator overnight, saving all pan juices.
- Slice thin as possible and place in crock pot on low. Add pan juices, tomato sauce, Worcester sauce, soy sauce and enough water to cover meat. Add spices to taste.
- Cook 4-6 hours Add peppers and onions, if desired, last 2 hours Also may be cooked on stove in a covered Dutch oven on low heat. Serve on hard rolls.