Recipe by Carmen G
I like to make a double batch of this when I have a crowd to feed. Everybody LOVES it. It can be made in advance and warmed up in a crock or roaster. Once hot, it will hold well on low. Freezes well too.
- 4 -6 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in roaster and fill 1/2 full with water.
- Add salt and quartered onion.
- Cover and cook at 350 4-5 hours.
- Leave in broth and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day remove meat from broth and skim off fat.
- Strain broth into saucepan and add remaining spices.
- Bring to boil.
- Shred meat and place in roaster.
- Cover meat with seasoned broth.
- Add green pepper strips and onion slices.
- Cook in roaster at 300 until hot, 1-2 hours.
- Pile high on your favorite hard rolls or hoagie buns. I like to bake rolls in oven until crispy.