1/1 Photo of Italian Beans and Rice
I got this recipe from hillbilly housewife.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put your rice on to cook before you begin this recipe. I use 2 cups of brown rice and 4 cups of water.
- 2Begin by chopping your onion and celery. Heat the oil in a 3 quart pot. Add the garlic, onion, celery and hot pepper flakes.
- 3Sautè until the onion is tender and fragrant and the celery is bright green. Add the undrained tomatoes and 3 juicy cups of cooked beans. Stir it all up. Add the parsley and the basil if you are using it.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve over the brown rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.3
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 22.1 g