Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from hillbilly housewife.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 dash hot pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (19 ounce) cans lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon basil
- 2 cups brown rice, raw
- 4 cups water
- Put your rice on to cook before you begin this recipe. I use 2 cups of brown rice and 4 cups of water.
- Begin by chopping your onion and celery. Heat the oil in a 3 quart pot. Add the garlic, onion, celery and hot pepper flakes.
- Sautè until the onion is tender and fragrant and the celery is bright green. Add the undrained tomatoes and 3 juicy cups of cooked beans. Stir it all up. Add the parsley and the basil if you are using it.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve over the brown rice.
Nothing could be quicker or easier and good for you. Made for PAC Spring 2013.