8 hrs 25 mins
Originally from "Better Homes and Gardens: Slow Cooker." A good, hearty meal ... can substitute regular sweet Italian sausage cut into small pieces
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 (28 ounce) can undrained Italian-style tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 2 cups cooked rice (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1Brown ground beef and sausage.
- 2Add onion, pepper, and garlic, and cook five to ten minutes.
- 3Drain fat.
- 4Throw all ingredients into crockpot.
- 5Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- 6May serve over rice; we like it as is.
- 7Good with a sprinkle of cheddar if desired.
- 8Serve with warm bread.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 62.1 mg
- Sodium 770.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 27.9 g