Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Originally from "Better Homes and Gardens: Slow Cooker." A good, hearty meal ... can substitute regular sweet Italian sausage cut into small pieces
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 (28 ounce) canundrained Italian-style tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 2 cups cooked rice (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Brown ground beef and sausage.
- Add onion, pepper, and garlic, and cook five to ten minutes.
- Drain fat.
- Throw all ingredients into crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- May serve over rice; we like it as is.
- Good with a sprinkle of cheddar if desired.
- Serve with warm bread.