1/1 Photo of Italian Bean and Sausage Soup
Sweet PQ?'s Note:
This soup has become a family favourite through the years. It comes together fairly quickly, but more importantly, it tastes good. I have "excellent" written in the margin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a 4 quart pot. Remove sausage from casing & crumble into oil. Stir in the onions and garlic. Cook over "high" heat, stirring often, until the sausage browns (about 5 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, cut up the tomatoes right in the can (use kitchen shears).
- 3Add tomatoes w' juice, water, pasta and bouillon cubes to the pot. Bring to boil over "high" heat, stiring a couple of times. Lower heat, cover & simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, rinse and drain the beans. Add to the soup and simmer for 5 minutes, or until pasta is tender and the beans are heated through.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Bean and Sausage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.8
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 882.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 34.8 g