Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I found this recipe on the internet - have made several changes, added a couple of things etc. We enjoyed it so I thought that I would post the recipe. You may use any white fish for this recipe - Tilapia would be nice. Cooking time depends on the thickness of your filets
- 396.89 g basa fillets
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- If using frozen fish nake sure it is fully thawed and patted dry of any moisture.
- Drizzle half the lemon juice on one side of the filet, sprinkle on the pepper & oregano,then pat them on the fish.
- Turn the filet over and repeat with the lemon & spices.
- Turn you heat to medium, heat a large skillet & lightly spray with oil or Pam.
- Add the fish, tomatoes & Jalapeno, cover.
- Cook for 3 minutes, flip the fish and stir the tomatoe, cover.
- Finish cooking apprx 3 more minutes.
- Simple & easy serve with rice or noodles.
This is a very good recipe. I added some garlic and a bit of grated parmesan cheese and we found it very yummy. I will definitely make it again.
This was absolutely delicious! Very simple, easy to make, and flavorful. I'll definitely make this again very soon.