Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My wife brought home a tremendous dressing from a deli by her work. I tried numerous times and finally was able to duplicate the taste. This is an incredible dressing. Lots of requests for it from the family and it is healthy!
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl or blender.
- Blend well using a blender or hand blender.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Fresh, tasty and easy to make. Why would anyone buy bottled dressing?
Used fresh thyme and will try it with fresh tarragon next time. Thank you for sharing!
This has become my go-to dressing recipe. It's so good and very versatile. Sometimes I sub flaxseed oil for half of the olive oil. I have also used raspberry balsamic for the vinegar. Thanks for sharing!
First homemade salad dressing that I have made. I absolutely loved it on top of our spring salad with strawberries, and so did my 2 1/2 year old son.