Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Always in need of zucchini recipes! I use less olive oil and it seems to work fine. Also I am not a big fan of capers, so I always omit this.
- 4 zucchini (6 inches long each)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fresh grated romano cheese (can use parmesan and feta too)
- 1⁄3 cup fine Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Trim zucchini and slice into 1/2 inch disks.
- Sprinkle 1 T olive oil onto bottom of 9 by 13 pan.
- Add zucchini and sprinkle it w/ salt and pepper.
- Drizzle 1 T olive oil over this.
- Bake for 10 minute.
- While it is baking mix cheese, bread crumbs, capers, and oregano together.
- Add remaining oil and stir till crumbs are moistened.
- Remove zucchini from oven and sprinkle w/ vinegar then stir.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Return to a 400° degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
I just loved this recipe....I only had one zucchini and one yellow squash but it turned out perfect....I could not stop eating it....will make alot this summer
Excellent recipe. I had some zucchini and asparagus on hand and I decided to use both in this recipe. Served it at a dinner party with Shrimp Scampi. Yum!!! It was great and I'll definitely be making this again.. Thanks for a great recipe!
This was my first time trying capers and I liked the taste of them. The topping came out nice and crispy and the oregano gave it a nice flavor. I think I can become very fond of capers if I use them more. So for my first venture with capers I have to say I'm glad I picked this recipe. Thanks homegirl for sharing your recipe. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders 2006