Shannon M Zelie's Note:
I found this recipe on the Premio website, and it was a hit with my husband and best friend. A little to spicy for the kids, but you can always use mild sasuage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- 2Cut a slice from the top of each tomato.
- 3scoop out insides of tomatoes and mash with hands.
- 4In a skillet, heat butter and sauté onion, garlic and sausage meat until it is brown and crumbly.
- 5Stir in tomato pulp and simmer for ten minutes.
- 6Remove Sausage Mixture from pan, put into a big bowl.
- 7Add bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and cheese, mixing well.
- 8Add as much cheese as you would like.
- 9You may not need all the tomatoe pulp either.
- 10The final mixture should be kind of sticky, but easily formable.
- 11Place tomato shells in a shallow baking dish and fill with sausage mixture.
- 12Bake in for thirty minutes.
- 13I find that the left over sausage mixture can be put in between the tomatoes, just to bake.
- 14I also put grating cheese on top of the tomatoes before baking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.0
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.2 mg
- Sodium 1134.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 17.3 g