Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick, easy and tasty supper... eggs, cheese and spinach with a few storecupboard ingredients that provide a burst of Mediterranean flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Put the oil in a 7x10 inch baking dish and put in the oven to preheat for 10 minutes.
- Steam the spinach for 7 minutes. Drain well, squeeze out the excess water and coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Drain the artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes. Thinly slice, about matchstick width. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs with the pesto sauce and Tabasco.
- Stir in the grated cheese, artichoke slices and sun dried tomatoes. Combine well.
- Carefully pour half the egg mixture into the preheated baking dish and sprinkle with one tablespoon of pine nuts. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 325°F.
- Spread the spinach evenly over the baked egg layer.
- Pour the rest of the egg mixture over the spinach and sprinkle with the remaining pine nuts.
- Return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into quarters and serve with crusty bread and a mixed salad.
Creative and delicious. The sun dried tomatoes really shine in this. The one big change I made was to use a quarter cup of the pesto. I am glad I did, I don't think you would be able to detect it otherwise. We made this for dinner, which was great, since it is heavy on the vegs (always good, IMO). Portions are generous - this could easily feed 7 or 8, especially if you are eating it with toast. A definite winner!
I found this to be tasty and I omitted the artichoke hearts. This does have bold flavors. My result did have the layers, but could have been thicker. I think I would use a slightly smaller pan to show them off next time. Thank you for sharing your creation! Made for Fall 08 Pick A Chef.
This is a wonderful flavor loaded omelet. Each ingredient compliments the next. Do not miss out any ingredient and follow the baking instructions to the letter. I did the recipe an injustice and that is why I have not awarded stars. I cut the recipe back to 2 eggs, 1 serving,. This recipe needs to be made as stated, With 2 eggs my omelete did not get the heigth it neede to show off the layers when you cut it. The lovely green middle layer of spinach between the egg layers. My omelet was an interesting color - reddish brown. I will make this again when I have company and rate the stars too - The recipe is a winner.