Recipe by mrsfabicons
A quick, easy and tasty supper... eggs, cheese and spinach with a few storecupboard ingredients that provide a burst of Mediterranean flavour.
Top Review by Maito
Creative and delicious. The sun dried tomatoes really shine in this. The one big change I made was to use a quarter cup of the pesto. I am glad I did, I don't think you would be able to detect it otherwise. We made this for dinner, which was great, since it is heavy on the vegs (always good, IMO). Portions are generous - this could easily feed 7 or 8, especially if you are eating it with toast. A definite winner!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh Baby Spinach, washed and drained
- 8 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke hearts packed in oil
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Put the oil in a 7x10 inch baking dish and put in the oven to preheat for 10 minutes.
- Steam the spinach for 7 minutes. Drain well, squeeze out the excess water and coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Drain the artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes. Thinly slice, about matchstick width. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs with the pesto sauce and Tabasco.
- Stir in the grated cheese, artichoke slices and sun dried tomatoes. Combine well.
- Carefully pour half the egg mixture into the preheated baking dish and sprinkle with one tablespoon of pine nuts. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 325°F.
- Spread the spinach evenly over the baked egg layer.
- Pour the rest of the egg mixture over the spinach and sprinkle with the remaining pine nuts.
- Return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into quarters and serve with crusty bread and a mixed salad.