A quick, easy and tasty supper... eggs, cheese and spinach with a few storecupboard ingredients that provide a burst of Mediterranean flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2Put the oil in a 7x10 inch baking dish and put in the oven to preheat for 10 minutes.
- 3Steam the spinach for 7 minutes. Drain well, squeeze out the excess water and coarsely chop. Set aside.
- 4Drain the artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes. Thinly slice, about matchstick width. Set aside.
- 5Beat the eggs with the pesto sauce and Tabasco.
- 6Stir in the grated cheese, artichoke slices and sun dried tomatoes. Combine well.
- 7Carefully pour half the egg mixture into the preheated baking dish and sprinkle with one tablespoon of pine nuts. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- 8Remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 325°F.
- 9Spread the spinach evenly over the baked egg layer.
- 10Pour the rest of the egg mixture over the spinach and sprinkle with the remaining pine nuts.
- 11Return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- 12Cut into quarters and serve with crusty bread and a mixed salad.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Baked Spinach Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.0
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 372.2 mg
- Sodium 205.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
artichoke hearts packed in oil