Recipe by byZula
I've been making this for years and love it. I like to vary the flavors at times with more lemon, little lime, butter instead of oil, or different spices/herbs etc. A nice and easy way to make fish even more special!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fish steaks, fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- If fish pieces are large, cut into serving pieces.
- Arrange fish in ungreased square baking dish.(8 by 8 by 2-inches).
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Top with green pepper rings, tomato and onion slices.
- Sprinkle with basil and oregano.
- Mix the lemon juice, oil and garlic; pour over the fish.
- Cover and cook in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.