Recipe by Peyton&KaylansMama
Courtesy of Giada DeLaurentiis! I made this today after sitting on the recipe for quite some time. I am sorry I held on to it. It will be in my regular rotation from now on, it was easy, quick and very tasty. I will change a few things though...I will use tomatoes with Italian seasoning and maybe a little more cheese next time! I even think it would be good if you added some ricotta to the mix. There are a lot of possibilities, but it was good as it is written. I doubled the recipe and it was fine. Enjoy!
Top Review by Sweetness of Rose
This recipe was quite good. I added a lot more pasta then one cup and added Italian seasoning. The second time I made it I also added artichoke hearts and it tasted great. I also added much more mozzarella the second time around since I love cheese. I really enjoyed the taste of the fresh parsley. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 236.59 ml Italian pastina (or any small pasta, I used small shells)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml cubed chicken breast
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes with juice (I recommend using the ones with Italian seasoning)
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml butter, plus more
- butter, for baking dish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring medium pot of salted water to boil.
- Add pasta and cook until just tender about 5 minutes. Drain into large bowl.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in medium sautee pan over med heat.
- Add chicken and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic combine and cook about 5 minutes more or until chicken is done and onions soft.
- Add chicken to pasta in bowl, stir in canned tomatoes, mozzarella, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Place in buttered 8x8x2 dish.
- In small bowl combine bread crumbs and Parmesan.
- Spread over pasta mixture.
- Dot the top with butter.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.