Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I have no idea where this recipe came from, but my Italian-immigrant mom and her entire family have made it as long as I can remember. It is delicious and simple to make. I serve it with cooked greens of some kind (mustard greens are my favorite). Everyone loves it, and I hope you do, too. Enjoy!
- 1 chicken, cut in 8 pieces
- 4 russet potatoes, halved lengthwise
- parsley flakes or fresh parsley, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (fresh is best)
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese or 1 -2 tablespoon romano cheese
- Pam cooking spray
- Spray roasting pan with Pam.
- Arrange chicken pieces in pan and place potatoes around and between chicken pieces.
- Add minced garlic over chicken& potatoes.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley to taste over all.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for about 1-1/2 hours at 325, covered.
- Uncover and continue baking until potatoes are cooked (about 45 minutes).
This just didn't have much flavor for us. The recipe has potential but it definitely needs something else. I will try it again but maybe with some thyme. Sorry.