Comforting winter-time food.
Make and share this Italian Bacon Cabbage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add onion and cook until onion softens, about 3 minutes; add cabbage; cook, sitrring often, until cabbage begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until cooked but not browned, about 10 minutes; remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Chop bacon into squares; add bacon and broth to cabbage and heat to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes; stir in rice.
- Heat to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to a simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, until rice softens, about 15 minutes; stir in the parsley; add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with the cheese.