Recipe by Toby Jermain
I don't know where I found this recipe, but I have had it a long time, and it is delicious. I like the dressing as a dip for crudites even better than the salad. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 -2 clove garlic, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 4 medium ripe avocados, divided
- lettuce leaf, for lining plates
- 3 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- watercress or parsley sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In an electric blender, mix lime juice and basil, and allow to set for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and parsley, and blend until smooth, scraping sides of container as needed.
- Pit, peel and cube 1 avocado.
- Add to blender, and blend until smooth.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste, cover dressing, and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Just before serving, line serving platter or individual plates with lettuce.
- Pit, peel and slice remaining avocados.
- Arrange with tomatoes on lettuce leaves.
- Top with avocado dressing mixture, and garnish with watercress or parsley.
- Dressing also makes a great dip for vegetables.