1/3 Photos of Italian-Approved Pressure Cooker Risotto in 7 Minutes!
hip pressure cooking's Note:
I present you with an Italian-approved risotto pressure cooker recipe. The rice comes out creamy and delicious just like the original - faster, and without all that stirring and baby-sitting. From the Hip Pressure Cooking website, with permission.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften the onion in your pressure cooker, add salt and pepper. When onions are softened add the rice and lightly toast it to release the starch. When you add the Arborio rice to the onions first it will turn it from white to translucent as it absorbs the oil, then in about a minute back to white. Wait until just a couple of grains look golden and your rice is toasted! Then, add a swig of white wine and stir until it has evaporated. Add the broth, mix and close the top immediately.
- 2Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker and turn the heat to high. When the pan reaches pressure, lower the flame to minimum heat and begin counting 7 minutes cooking time under pressure for al dente risotto, 9 for well done.
- 3Near the end of the cooking time, I like to pick up the whole cooker off the flame and swirl it around to feel if it is still very liquid inside. It should feel a little dense but not soupy.
- 4When the time is up, open the pressure cooker with the quick-release cold water method by bringing it to the sink, giving it a little jiggle to settle the contents inside, and running cold water on the top until the pressure subsides and you can open the top.
- 5If the risotto inside is just a little wet, it is perfect the risotto will absorb the liquid by the time you serve it to your guests. If it is still very wet, put the open pressure cooker back on a medium flame to bring to the right consistency.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian-Approved Pressure Cooker Risotto in 7 Minutes!
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: