Nana Lee's Note:
Add a fresh finish to these appetizers by garnishing each serving with a thin slice of fresh plum tomato and shredded fresh basil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) box pie crusts (use only 1 of the 2 in the box)
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 3 tablespoons regular olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1Heat oven to 400°F
- 2Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3With rolling pin, roll into 12-inch round.
- 4In medium bowl, mix bread crumbs, chopped basil, Romano cheese, salt, pepper, ricotta cheese and oil.
- 5Stir in diced tomatoes.
- 6Spoon and spread mixture over crust to within 3 inches of edge.
- 7Fold edge of crust 3 inches over filling; crimp crust slightly.
- 8Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Cool 15 minutes. Cut into wedges.
- 10Garnish with tomato slices and basil leaves. Serve warm or cool.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Appetizer Wedges P
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.6
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 8.2 mg
- Sodium 355.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 5.8 g