Recipe by Manami
Genoa salami, cheese and olives are sealed inside this Italian appetizer. This is so good and with that ooey gooey melted cheese it is awesome! This comes courtesy of Land O' Lakes web site but I have tweaked it a little. I have not allowed for rising time in the recipe, that is 30-45 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon Land o' Lakes Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 -2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (1 lb) thawed loaf frozen bread dough
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced genoa salami
- 6 slices deli land o'lakes provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup sliced stuffed green olive
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- poppy seed, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together butter, garlic and Dijon mustard, in small bowl.
- Roll out bread dough on lightly floured surface to 12-inch square.
- Place on lightly buttered cookie sheet.
- Brush with butter mixture.
- Layer salami, cheese, olives and onions in 3-inch strip down center of dough to within 1/2-inch of top and bottom, leaving 4-1/2 inches of dough on each side of filling.
- Cut eight 3-inch strips, 1 inch apart, along both sides of filling.
- Fold strips across filling at an angle, alternating sides to give a braided effect.
- Pinch dough at bottom and top to seal.
- Combine egg and water in small bowl; brush over braid.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds, if desired.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until almost double in size (30-45 minutes).
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet; cool 10 minutes.
- Cut into slices.