From Rachael Ray
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 italian sweet sausage patties (1/2 lb.) or 2 italian hot sausage patties (1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 bell pepper, thinly sliced (or 1 cubanelle pepper, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices Italian bread (thin slices)
- 4 slices provolone cheese (deli-sliced)
- 1 cup marinara sauce or 1 cup pizza sauce or 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1Heat a medium nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- 2Add in 1 tablespoon olive oil and the sausage patties.
- 3Cook the patties 4 minutes on each side; then remove from the pan.
- 4Add another tablespoon olive oil to the pan; then add the bell peppers, onions, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes.
- 5Cook about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender but still have a bite to them.
- 6Pile the veggies on the patties and return pan to the stove.
- 7Add butter to the pan; let butter melt.
- 8Add 2 slices bread, top each with a slice of cheese, a sausage patty, some peppers and onions, another slice of cheese, then the remaining slices of bread.
- 9Press and cook patty melts 2 or 3 minutes on each side.
- 10Warm a cup of marinara sauce, pizza sauce, or tomato sauce in the microwave (1 ½ minutes on HIGH).
- 11Cut sandwiches corner to corner and serve with sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian-American Sausage Patty Melts
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.5
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.4 mg
- Sodium 1303.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 20.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: