Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw this on "How To Boil Water" on Food Network and it looked delicious. Tried last night and they were a huge hit! The pork, beef, veal combo is the secret and the parmesan cheese is delicious. Very yummy recipe and worth the time to make them.
- 2 slices white bread, stale
- 1⁄3 cup cold milk
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 medium onions, grated or 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- Pulse the bread into crumbs in a food processor.
- In a small bowl, toss the bread crumbs with 1/3 cup cold milk to rehydrate.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, pork, veal, beef, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, onion, garlic and egg; mix until combined.
- Season mixture with pepper.
- Gently form meat mixture into about 18 to 25 slightly larger than golf ball sized balls.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until well-browned on all sides.
- Cook meatballs for another 15 to 25 minutes in your favorite marinara sauce.
- These meatballs can be frozen up to 6 weeks.