Recipe by Jen T
Nice on a break with tea or coffee. Chewy with a real almond flavour.
Top Review by patricia
Absolutely foolproof. I added only half the amount of sugar, and they were still very, very sweet. I didn't have enough almonds, so I substituted half with ground hazelnuts. Wow ! Lovely ! Thanks for the recipe.
- 125 g ground almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 drop almond essence
- blanched almond, for decorating
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ground almonds with sugar, egg whites, vanilla and almond essence and mix well in small bowl of electric mixer.
- Beat mixture on medium speed for 3mins.
- Allow mixture to stand for 5 minutes.
- Prepare trays by lightly greasing and dusting with a little flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm (1/2") plain tube.
- Pipe in a circular motion from centre to make biscuits 4cm (11/2") in diameter onto prepared trays.
- Place a blanched almond on top of each biscuit.
- Bake in a moderate oven 350'F/180'C for 12-15 mins or until tops are lightly browned.
- Leave on tray a few minutes before removing with a spatula to cool on a wire rack.