Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Yum! Yum! Just like when I was a child when my dad took me to the Italian neighborhood to buy these delicious Sicilian cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- powdered sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and 2/3 cup powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in extracts then add chopped almonds.
- Stir in flour and beat until well mixed.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in 1/2 and roll each half into a log 1" thick in diameter.
- Cut each log into 3/4" pieces and roll each piece into a cylinder 2" long.
- Place 1-2" apart on prepared baking sheet and form into crescents with your fingers.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool.
- Fill a small bowl with sifted powdered sugar and roll cooled cookies into it coating well.