Recipe by BlueHyacinth
This is a great dish that tastes just like Beef Wellington, but is much simpler and alot cheaper. I like to serve some brown or mushroom gravy on top before I serve this.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can mushroom pieces
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dinner roll
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground round, onion, garlic salt, and pepper in skillet.
- Add mushrooms and soup to meat, stir until heated through Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray, then lay the unrolled-but-intact roll of crescent rolls into the pan to make a crust.
- Let extra dough hang over side of pan.
- Carefully spoon in the meat mixture.
- Pull remaining dough up to seal meat in as much as possible.
- Bake until crust is nicely browned and completely baked, about 15 minutes.
- (I use a glass pan, so that I can see the bottom turn brown.).