Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from The Little Book of Christmas Joys. It is the best pumpkin bread I have ever had. Both loaves never last a few days in my house. Although allspice is optional but I never leave it out but I do leave out the pecans.
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup oil
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Grease two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. In a large bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- Blend in the water and oil, and mix in the eggs.
- Blend in the pumpkin.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Oh boy, this is very good bread. I used my own pumpkin that I froze after halloween last year and it was great. Moist and flavorful. I made this to use with recipe #35812 and I'm so glad I did because I've found a new favorite. Thank you for posting.