Recipe by ajiwac
I just threw this together tonight and my family liked the attempt. However, it is missing something. We just can't seem to agree on what. If anyone attempts to make this and finds that missing ingredient, I will add it and give credit. :-)
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cube
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, sliced into small strips
- 1 (10 ounce) package Philadelphia Original Cooking Creme
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- white pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- In a saute pan, saute onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are clear.
- Add chicken and heat until browned.
- Add mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Mix chicken broth with cooking creme and poor over chicken mixture.
- Add roasted red pepper and spices and allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- If too thin (mine was). Mix a teaspoon of cornstarch with a little more chicken broth (1/8 cup?) and add to pan. Mix well to thicken.
- Serve over egg noodles.