Recipe by Secret Agent
This hot pepper jelly is very easy to make. You can use the jelly on your toast or bagel or as a baste for your grilled chicken. It is very versatile. Melt it over some room temperature cream cheese and serve some crackers and chips with it. It really is yummy!
- 1 liter apple juice (clear)
- 1 lemon, peeled and juiced
- 2 jalapenos, one red and one green, minced
- 3 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the apple juice in a large pot to avoid boil overs and add peppers, lemon juice, lemon peel, and sugar, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Heat over high heat until boiling and continue stirring and boiling until jelly sheets on a cool plate. Remove from heat and skim foam and remove lemon peel.
- Ladle into hot sterilized 1/2 pint jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace, wipe the rims with a clean damp cloth and cap and band.
- Process 5 minutes from the time the water returns to boiling.