Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had a bunch of veggies that needed to be used up and I didn't feel like making the stir fry I had planned, so I put this together instead.
- 4 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk broccoli, stems removed (1 to 2 cups)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 4 ounces ready-to-eat shrimp (about 10)
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese (I used garden vegetable cream cheese)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, to taste)
- Boil fettuccine according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Fry garlic and onion until onion begins to caramelize.
- Add carrot, broccoli, zucchini and chicken stock and cook over medium high heat until vegetables have softened and stalk has reduced.
- Stir in cream cheese, shrimp, fettuccine and red pepper flakes. You can add a little milk if your sauce is too thick.